Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quote of the Day

I really don't have anything to blog about, but I came acrossed a saying that I fell in love with. I'm a very anal person about having a clean home and having things in order all the time, but for some reason with 4 kids and a husband I find that next to impossible. If only I could get them all to abide by this bit of advice my life would be A LOT less stressful. It goes like this, "Do a job great or small, do it right or not at all and not at all is NOT an option." That's why when I ask for the table to be cleared it doesn't mean to clear everything, but the salt and pepper. And it also means to wipe up the crumbs. Any suggestions??? This mommy is in need of them. Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was you when I saw that comment pop up. I may ask you the same question. I started getting ready for bed 2 hours ago!!!! I know I am crazy. I like your quote but unforunately I have no advice for you. Good night!!

Lisa Christine said...

oh what a great quote. I am just like you...I love things to be clean and IN ORDER. I struggle the same way you do....nobody does things to my standards. Unfortunately that means I usually just do things myself rather than rely on anyone else. Well, Donald does help a lot, but the girls...forget it. If I ask them to clean their playroom basically everything gets stuffed every which way. I usually just go in there after they are in bed, clean it up properly, and have it ready for them to play in the next day. I realize this isn't teaching them much, but I feel better having things done "my way".

5dollarFanatic said...

I guess the best advice i can give that has helped me out in the area of keeping things organized is to simplify...get rid of whatever you don't use. Less stuff=less to clean. Sometime it may help to go over where things go away and how to efficiently wipe off the table once in a while just in case they feel they aren't doing a good enough job of it or forget. Plus praises go a long way-whenever i thank whitney and make a big deal about something she did-she is more likely to do it again with more effort the second time around. Hope that helps=and no i am not the perfect mom with the perfect house either.

Aleighy said...

Hey Jennifer! I just found your blog...super cute family! You are obviously super mom....I've just about given up hope of my house being clean. Especially now...8 months pregnant...I can't even put on my own pants, so if anything is on the ground, it stays there! Good luck! Where are you guys? I know that picture at the top of your blog is at the falls in Idaho Falls, but I thought you guys were living in Basin City??? Keep me posted.