The pictures of our rafting trip aren't the greatest because we used a water camera. To give a little background of our whole rafting experience, we begin in a van driven by our taxi driver. He takes us up this mountain for like 20-30 minutes. And the driving in Jamaica is an experience in itself. They just honk and go around you. It doesn't matter who's coming, you better scoot over. Not to mention all the people walking on the side of the road that we about took out with the mirror every few minutes. Wow!! So after driving through jungle like mountains, dirt roads, and hitting pot holes or should I say man holes every few seconds, we arrive to our destination to find a rusted semi-trailer with a raft sitting on the side and 3 guys who looked like kids. We about died!

We went white water rafting in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This is the first rapid of our rafting trip. You can't see the bottom, but it was like a 15 foot drop. Luckily, they walked us around it. But for Brian and I it would be the last one we got to walk around. When I saw it my heart practically stopped and I couldn't believe what we'd gotten ourselves into.

We were literally in the middle of some mountain, in the thick of a jungle it seemed like. It was pretty cool.

So we come to like this little dam in the middle of our rafting trip and these guys (who looked like teenagers), who were our rafting guides, were trying to tear down these boards in the water. I asked, "are these boards always here and do you always have to do this?" They told me "no." And I'm thinking have you even rafted down this thing before. Why in the heck were they having to tear down this so called dam to get through? They finally get one board unlodged and decided to take Brian and I's raft down this straight drop off. The guide in our raft tells us to sit down in the boat and he'll guide us through. Hannah and Jake are laughing hysterically, looking at us like, good luck. Brian had already fallen out of the raft down a previous rapid and I'm sitting in the raft praying for our lives and reminding Heavenly Father that I have 4 kids at home and that I really can't die yet. Our raft was seriously pointing straight downward. I thought the back end was going to flip and that we weren't going to see the light of day again. What in the world!! So then they walk Hannah and Jake's raft around the dang thing. Which happened a few times throughout our rafting experience. Since we were the raft in front we got to experience it all because the only rapid we walked around was the first deadly one, which, I would have insisted I walk around that thing. So we make it through that one fine and we got a good laugh out of their craziness. What were they thinking?? What were we thinking not just jumping out of the raft and letting him go himself? These guys were just laughing at us. They were having a great time and looking back at it after we made it through alive it was a great rush and thrill. It turned out to be fun. Not sure I'd attempt it again, but still fun. Since I've had children, my fear level has seemed to decrease dramatically. Before, I'm sure the whole thing wouldn't have fazed me a bit.

Me, during a relaxed moment of rafting. You can see some of the rapids we went down in the background.

This is at the end of our rafting excursion. These raft guides were actually really good. They were tough guys. I think they got a kick out of us because there were times we were just like, "no way!' But they seemed to have everything under control. And they did!

Eating again. It seemed like we were always eating. Probably because we were.

Waiting for the entertainment to start.

We booked a guided jeep tour while in Cozumel. We rode around in this jeep for the day, looking at different things, beaches, their lifestyle, and snorkeling. It was a lot of fun!

For adult eyes only!

Cozumel, Mexico--the water was gorgeous, and the snorkeling here was a lot of fun.

Yes, we clashed, but I hadn't worn this shirt yet and my husband didn't want to change his. Are we just a little stubborn or what?? He couldn't have cared less that we clashed.

Back to reality! This picture is a view from our balcony. We are docked back at Port Canaveral, Florida. It was a beautiful morning.
9 comments:
That story is hilarious!! I can just see you and Hannah! So funny! Thanks for the good laugh! I'm so glad you had a great time. Good pictures in front of the water!!
What a fun vacation, Aaron and I are planning a cruise of the islands before we leave!!! I am glad you were able to get a way and enjoy some time with hubby and Hannah!!!! That is awesome, you definitely deserved it! Being a mother is hard work and you have four kids!
Oh fun!! And you made it through alive....so now you can look back and laugh and say "can you believe that we did that?" Looks like a fabulous time!
Thanks for posting the pictures-takes me back to Y.Women's white water trips we went on when we were younger, there was always one big rapid that we would scramble out of the river to go back over a few more times.
That looks like so much fun! Aaron and I have been talking about going on a cruise with another couple...that is probably the way to do it so you have someone else to do things with. Anyways, I think we'll have to wait until my baby sleeps through the night...bummer! Glad you got to get out. It's so important to have time to yourself and especially time with just your husband.
Wow-WHAT FUN! I set my blog to private, but if you send me an email to garynbrina@yahoo.com-then I'd love to send you an invite!
Hey Jenn--
I am so jealous of your cruise, but lucky you!! Todd and I took a cruise for our honeymoon/wedding, and I gotta tell ya--it looks like way more fun with another couple. I love my husband, but sometimes two is not better than 4 or more:) I am glad you had fun and thanks for giving me your blog address. It is so fun catching up with everyone. Sorry you had to come back to such poopy weather. jess
okay so this comment is late but I had to laugh when I was looking at the pics of your kids on the side panel. There are the oldest three all dressed up in their cute clothes and then NAKED CARSON! Very cute and a good laugh.
I found your blog. It was on Derek and Brianne's but is listed as Salisbury! Funny huh! So glad you took a vacation. You have some awesome skinny swim suit shots. Looking forward to visiting Basin C later this month! And I noticed you have us listed here! I was surprised! See ya in church on April 21.
Post a Comment