Today I had my ultrasound appointment. I'm always excited for this appointment, but generally a bit nervous, hoping that the baby is developing normally. The doctor said everything looks good. It's measuring 13 oz (approx.). And I only gained 3 pounds, which for me is GREAT! Unfortunately, in my past pregnancies I gain double what I'm supposed to. I'm really hoping I can keep the weight gain to where it should be. Anyhow, we didn't find out what we're having this time and I'm hoping that having it be a surprise is really as exciting as everyone says it is. My husband is even the one who said, "let's not find out." He is generally the one who wants to find out no matter what. I'm finally starting to feel more movement. It seemed like I didn't start to feel this baby move as early as my others and I was starting to get a bit worried. I was 17 1/2 weeks before I started feeling those first movements and just last night I felt movement on the outside. My kids have been waiting to feel this little one kick, so from here on out they'll get to. I'm so grateful that things looked good because I've been so worried with other medical issues and the meds. I have to take for it, how it would affect this babies growth and development. It is truly a blessing!!

A couple more pregnancy shots to document. My husband was the photographer this time, which explains why this photo is crooked.

Here's the best shot she could get of baby's face. It wasn't cooperating at all for a great face shot, but I think it's cute with it's arm and hand up by it's head. Brian informed me that our kids don't cooperate out of the womb why should they while they're in there. (He thinks he's pretty funny!)
9 comments:
You look so CUTE!! I am glad everything is going good, I have been thinking about you. I am excited you guys aren't finding out what you are having! What a cute first picture!!
Jen-you look so beautiful. I am glad to hear that the baby is healthy-and that you are doing well!
Aw cute pictures:) I can't wait to have another baby. I bet that not knowing would almost kill me. lol
You tiny thing! I can't believe only 3 pounds by 1/2 way! I need your secret because each pregnancy for me gets more and more weight gain. I was really hoping to know what you were going to have, just because I can't wait! Good luck on the last 1/2!!!
You are a lot stronger than I am. I would die not knowing if my baby was boy or girl! Congrats on the good ultrasound and the low weight gain. Good Luck.
You look SO GOOD! You're still so thin, just with a little bump. I felt like I got bigger all over before you could really tell I was pregnant. :( I'm glad everything looks good with your pregnancy.
Yeah I am pretty sure I am as big as you! So glad everything went well and looks good. That US picture looks so much like Hunter's did with the hand and everything. Our kids don't cooperate for those pics either!
Kim and I didn't find out Jason's sex and we loved it! I think you will be quite presently surprised! You look adorable!! If I looked as cute as you when I am pregnant, I would have ten kids!!
I can't beleive that you are going to have 5 kids! Wow :)
I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. It's going to break the tie....one way or another!
Post a Comment