Tuesday, May 4, 2010

T-Ball

The kids started t-ball a few weeks ago and they're on the same team, which makes my life a little easier. Let me just tell you that Kaden does not like to get out. His first time hitting he got out (which at this age is a miracle to get someone out), and he came off the field in tears running to me. Oh, my! I had to practically bribe him to hit a second time. Again, he got out! Devastation for sure!! The tears flowed, I couldn't believe I had a child crying in a sporting event. I'm emotional, don't get me wrong, but the only time I've cryed in a sporting event, is at the Varsity level, and they were tears of joy from winning a championship or tears because we'd lost the championship or the opportunity to move on to the championship (you get my point right?) Anyhow, he told me he didn't want to play anymore and I told him it's o.k. to get out sometimes, that it's just for fun and to try again next time. Well, the third time he DID NOT get out (Phew)! Oh, but every game since then, there have been more tears, not even from getting out. I think he's so scared to bat he can't handle it. He doesn't even want to bat, he only wants to play in the field. He'll usually bat the first time in every game, but after that I don't know what happens to him, he loses it. And I nearly do too! When I told Brian of his experience in his first game, he told me that when he was Kaden's age, he did the little guy wrestling and lost every match and that he cried everytime. So, I'm letting Brian claim all his tears!! I'm hoping and praying this is something he outgrows!

Kaden running to first base.

2 comments:

Shaun&jennifer said...

I am so excited for summer to start, and my kids can start their sports.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but I had to laugh! I can totally picture Kaden running off the field crying. So funny!