Friday, June 11, 2010

8 YEARS

I still remember the day, January 3, 2002, I went in for my 16 week visit, and the Doctor told me I was measuring big, and that he was going to pull in a portable ultrasound machine. I didn't understand how I was measuring big because I was still wearing my jeans somewhat comfortably. Anyhow, I had many thoughts running through my head. I knew there was no way I was having twins, because I didn't know of twins running in my family, but how excited I would be if there were TWO. As a little girl, I prayed that I would someday have twins. So, he takes a look through the ultrasound and says, "there's Baby A and Baby B!" At first I don't think I believed him. And it didn't even really sink in until way later. I left the office, still not sure, that it could really be true, that something I had always dreamed of was really happening to me. I tryed calling Brian at work, but he didn't answer my call, so I drove to tell him the shocking news and to show him the ultrasound pictures. We were so excited! (I know I was anyways!) I was induced 3 1/2 weeks early. Whitney weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz., and Marissa weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. Marissa had to stay in the NICU for 3 days because she couldn't keep her glucose up. It was very hard for me emotionally to not have her in my room with me and Whitney. It was especially hard when, Whitney and I got released from the hospital. Luckily, they allowed us to move to Pediatrics for the night, and Marissa was released the next day. Occasionally, I would take Whitney to NICU and ask the nurses if she could sleep next to Marissa. They were so good, and said, absolutely. This particular photo, Marissa (on the left) was unhooked of everything. After 5 days of being in the hospital we were able to come home, and then 2 days later, Marissa was admitted to the hospital for jaundice. Brian was in school full-time and working full-time, so I felt like I couldn't ask him to stay the night with me, because I know he needed his sleep, but I was quite nervous to attempt the stay myself with 2 newborns. Thankfully, my mother was very willing to stay with me. We only had to stay one night so that was good.

Notice Whitney isn't liking a pacifier. Neither of them ever did like it, but I was always willing to try.

Sit me down, and I was bound to fall asleep! I could snuggle a sleeping baby forever! Snuggling two at once, was quite a treat!

Both crying!
Their blessing day. Whitney was not happy during pictures, but Marissa was able to sleep through it all!
This was the nursing pillow I used to feed them both at once. For the most part, I'd feed them and burp them at the same time. Sometimes, one would burp, while the other was still nursing. It's amazing how you learn to do things that you thought wasn't possible. They would both fall asleep on my shoulders and I'd carry them both to their beds. When they got bigger, and it was a little more tricky laying them down at the same time, I'd carefully lay one down on the couch next to me (trying not to wake her), while I took the other one and put her in her crib, and then come put the other one in bed.


First Family Photo
A YEAR OLD
In their nightgowns, Whitney sporting dad's hat backwards, Marissa with my make-up brush in hand. To this day, Whitney is more of a Tom Boy and Marissa, is more of a Miss Priss. Although, Whitney does like to dress-up in make-up.

They managed to both get into a little closet. It was usually Double Trouble!
At the hospital, holding their brother Kaden. Three kids and the girls weren't even two yet. I'm pretty sure we were a free circus show for most people. (Come to think of it, I'm sure we still are!)






Photos By: Sabrina

7 YEARS
8 YEARS (Photos By: Brianne)


It doesn't seem like 8 years has gone by. My little girls aren't so little anymore! I can't seem to stay caught up with my blogging, or anything else for that matter, but hopefully in the near future, I'll get around to posting their birthday party, and their baptism day. FYI--Most these photos are scanned. I wish so bad I had a digital camera back when I had these girlies. I didn't take near as many pictures, and only half of the ones I did take, ever turned out very good. Oh, well!

5 comments:

ellsworth family said...

Happy Birthday Girls!
Wow Jenn, can you believe it?!

Anonymous said...

I still remember the day you found out too! You called us at Mom's and I was on the office phone and was totally SHOCKED and excited when you said you were having TWINS! I have to say I didn't believe you at first:) It was so perfect that you were getting twins because I always remember Mom saying she would have loved to have twins, so WHY NOT YOU:)!! I can't believe they are 8!

David and Kira said...

You look so young Jenn!! How fun to have your sister be your best friend!!

Meredith Salisbury said...

I loved this entry! You need to print your blog so you have it journaled forever!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

This made me emotional for some reason looking back through all those years! I think it's because they really do grow too fast, and your post is priceless and so sweet! You're a good mom Jenn!:)