Our Two Week Get Away--July 8-July 22, 2010
The kids love staying in hotels. The only time they really ever get to is when we travel to see Brian's family. When you have kids that travel AWFUL, and you can get a hotel for less than $50, it's worth it to break it up.

This is the day we arrived in Idaho. We left for camping the following day. Loving the slip 'n slide.

We walked/rode bikes to the park. We don't have the luxury of just walking or riding our bikes to the park, so it's always a treat for the kids to do that. I'm sure Chuck and Dawn get sick of me taking pictures of them, but I want my kids to look back and remember the fun things they did with them when they were little.

Mr. Tough Guy pulling Kaden and Bailey
Riding bikes down the bike path.
Eating the wrong side of her ice cream treat.
We traveled a couple hours to Wyoming (Grey's River) with Brian's family to go camping for 10 days. This was the party trailer. The kids took turns sleeping with Peyton and Tinlie (their cousins) and got to stay up late and be crazy. This mommy was mean because Bailey was ready for bed at an early hour, so the kids sleeping in grandpa and grandma's trailer had to be quiet. It was bad enough that my older kids were lacking on sleep, I wasn't going to let my baby do the same if at all possible. Lack of Sleep=Crabby Kids and Momma
Aunt Vandy made ponchos for all the girls. She's always making something fun for them when we visit.
The men cut down trees for firewood. The kids were great helpers to help stack it after the men cut it up. Carson and Tinlie, riding with Brian while he pulled the logs. They hopped on the 4-wheelers any chance they could.
Uncle Tony hard at work. I think Brian is watching his dad work in the background. He got his chance at splitting the wood.
Grandpa Chuck and Bailey
Roasting Marshmallows
Smores
Kaden and Carson watching the cows being herded back into the canyon.
Grandma Dawn and Tinlie taking Bailey for a walk. There were always helpers to push her.
The kids building a fort out of whatever they could find. They did a great job!
Carson loved the 4-wheeler
Happy Girl!
She loved bathing in the tub!
Carson loved shooting the bow and arrow, until the boys broke it fighting over it. One of many fights!!

Girls making bracelets!
Friends for the moment!
Loved looking at herself in the mirror
Grandma always has fun things for the kids to do. One of the many crafts she had for them.
Playing in her port-a-crib. This is where she slept and where we'd put her to stay out of mischief. She didn't always like that.
Hiking
The lake we hiked to
Kaden, Nicki, Carson, Marissa, Tinlie, Whitney
Don't you just love that outfit!
Marissa and her cousin Nicki
I told Carson and Tinlie to stop for a picture and they thought they needed to dance for it.
We traveled back to Afton where Brian's Grandpa Jenkins lives so he could see everyone and to give everyone a bath. Vandy and I went to the laundromat to do nearly 20 loads of laundry.
Playing in the river next to camp.

Crowns for all the girls.

Playing in Murphy Lake


The water was freezing, but she loved it anyways.
Trying to get warm on the rock.



There was this raft looking thing on the other side of the lake so we walked around to it, and Brian jumped on to see how it did. After a short while and him being out there a ways, I turn to see one side of the raft (if that's what you want to call it), sinking. By the time I could pull my camera back out it was already under, and Brian had nowhere to go but in. It was the funniest thing!!

We found this horse wandering on it's own. Carson and I took a walk to get a better look. We even walked close enough to pet him. They have a lot of cows that graze in the mountains, and this horse is one they use when herding cows. We woke up one morning to cows close to camp. When they decided to come into camp we ran them out. The kids enjoyed jumping on the 4-wheelers with the men and running them out of camp.

We went on a 2 hour 4-wheeler drive to the tops of the mountain. It was absolutely beautiful! Whenever I mention how pretty it is, where we go camping with his family, Brian always gives me a bad time and says, "but you didn't have any fun." The truth of it is, is that going camping for 10 days (this time) with little ones, was a bit long for me, especially when your youngest can't walk, and by day 3 she didn't enjoy being put in the stroller to keep her out of the dirt. The kids seemed to fight more than usual which really wore on me, and Brian's family saw I side of me, which I'm sure they didn't know existed, and perhaps may have frightened them a bit.






Brian playing in the puddle. Boys will always be boys I guess!
Carson thought he needed to help Grandma and Aunt Vandy peel potatoes.
Now, we're back at Brian's parents house. Bailey watching the kids outside. This was the beginning of her starting to stand to things.
July 19, 2010
Brian and I took the kids to the Drive-in movie to see Toy Story 3, while grandpa and grandma stayed home with Bailey. We had a good time, until at the end of the show, one of our vehicles was dead. It happened to be Brian's parents car and do you think we could find the battery. We even pulled out the manual. It was super late at night, and we were in the front row of the drive in. The other show was getting ready to start and here I have my van facing everyone else (with my lights on so we could see) to try and jump the stinkin car. Finally, at least 20 minutes later we get the car to start. Still not sure how we did it. Come to find out the battery is underneath the drive's seat (never heard of that before). I'm sure we were quite the seen and I'm sure people were dying at the fact that it took so long to jump a car battery.


Walked to the park and had a picnic lunch.

Tautphaus Zoo




The weather didn't cooperate and it rained on us a good portion of the time. At least it wasn't crowded.
Never have I seen such a large turtle in my whole life. I've been to this zoo several other times, and don't recall ever seeing them.
This monkey was posing for us, the kids got quite a kick out of it.

Bailey really wanted down to walk and did great as long as she was hanging on to Aunt Vandy and Peyton's hand. Just slowed us down a bit!
The Drive Home
Swimming in the pool at the hotel. We walked to Red Robin for dinner and then went back and went swimming in the pool and hot tub.
Enjoying the hot tub
She woke up sick! You can imagine the 5 hour drive home. Thankfully my prayers were answered and she didn't throw up again until we were 30 minutes from home.

The kids love staying in hotels. The only time they really ever get to is when we travel to see Brian's family. When you have kids that travel AWFUL, and you can get a hotel for less than $50, it's worth it to break it up.
This is the day we arrived in Idaho. We left for camping the following day. Loving the slip 'n slide.
We walked/rode bikes to the park. We don't have the luxury of just walking or riding our bikes to the park, so it's always a treat for the kids to do that. I'm sure Chuck and Dawn get sick of me taking pictures of them, but I want my kids to look back and remember the fun things they did with them when they were little.
Mr. Tough Guy pulling Kaden and Bailey
Riding bikes down the bike path.
Eating the wrong side of her ice cream treat.
We traveled a couple hours to Wyoming (Grey's River) with Brian's family to go camping for 10 days. This was the party trailer. The kids took turns sleeping with Peyton and Tinlie (their cousins) and got to stay up late and be crazy. This mommy was mean because Bailey was ready for bed at an early hour, so the kids sleeping in grandpa and grandma's trailer had to be quiet. It was bad enough that my older kids were lacking on sleep, I wasn't going to let my baby do the same if at all possible. Lack of Sleep=Crabby Kids and Momma
Aunt Vandy made ponchos for all the girls. She's always making something fun for them when we visit.
The men cut down trees for firewood. The kids were great helpers to help stack it after the men cut it up. Carson and Tinlie, riding with Brian while he pulled the logs. They hopped on the 4-wheelers any chance they could.
Uncle Tony hard at work. I think Brian is watching his dad work in the background. He got his chance at splitting the wood.
Grandpa Chuck and Bailey
Roasting Marshmallows
Smores
Kaden and Carson watching the cows being herded back into the canyon.
Grandma Dawn and Tinlie taking Bailey for a walk. There were always helpers to push her.
The kids building a fort out of whatever they could find. They did a great job!
Carson loved the 4-wheeler
Happy Girl!
She loved bathing in the tub!
Carson loved shooting the bow and arrow, until the boys broke it fighting over it. One of many fights!!
Girls making bracelets!
Friends for the moment!
Loved looking at herself in the mirror
Grandma always has fun things for the kids to do. One of the many crafts she had for them.
Playing in her port-a-crib. This is where she slept and where we'd put her to stay out of mischief. She didn't always like that.
Hiking
The lake we hiked to
Kaden, Nicki, Carson, Marissa, Tinlie, Whitney
Don't you just love that outfit!
Marissa and her cousin Nicki
I told Carson and Tinlie to stop for a picture and they thought they needed to dance for it.
We traveled back to Afton where Brian's Grandpa Jenkins lives so he could see everyone and to give everyone a bath. Vandy and I went to the laundromat to do nearly 20 loads of laundry.
Playing in the river next to camp.
Crowns for all the girls.
Playing in Murphy Lake
The water was freezing, but she loved it anyways.
Trying to get warm on the rock.
There was this raft looking thing on the other side of the lake so we walked around to it, and Brian jumped on to see how it did. After a short while and him being out there a ways, I turn to see one side of the raft (if that's what you want to call it), sinking. By the time I could pull my camera back out it was already under, and Brian had nowhere to go but in. It was the funniest thing!!
We found this horse wandering on it's own. Carson and I took a walk to get a better look. We even walked close enough to pet him. They have a lot of cows that graze in the mountains, and this horse is one they use when herding cows. We woke up one morning to cows close to camp. When they decided to come into camp we ran them out. The kids enjoyed jumping on the 4-wheelers with the men and running them out of camp.
We went on a 2 hour 4-wheeler drive to the tops of the mountain. It was absolutely beautiful! Whenever I mention how pretty it is, where we go camping with his family, Brian always gives me a bad time and says, "but you didn't have any fun." The truth of it is, is that going camping for 10 days (this time) with little ones, was a bit long for me, especially when your youngest can't walk, and by day 3 she didn't enjoy being put in the stroller to keep her out of the dirt. The kids seemed to fight more than usual which really wore on me, and Brian's family saw I side of me, which I'm sure they didn't know existed, and perhaps may have frightened them a bit.
Brian playing in the puddle. Boys will always be boys I guess!
Carson thought he needed to help Grandma and Aunt Vandy peel potatoes.
Now, we're back at Brian's parents house. Bailey watching the kids outside. This was the beginning of her starting to stand to things.
July 19, 2010
Brian and I took the kids to the Drive-in movie to see Toy Story 3, while grandpa and grandma stayed home with Bailey. We had a good time, until at the end of the show, one of our vehicles was dead. It happened to be Brian's parents car and do you think we could find the battery. We even pulled out the manual. It was super late at night, and we were in the front row of the drive in. The other show was getting ready to start and here I have my van facing everyone else (with my lights on so we could see) to try and jump the stinkin car. Finally, at least 20 minutes later we get the car to start. Still not sure how we did it. Come to find out the battery is underneath the drive's seat (never heard of that before). I'm sure we were quite the seen and I'm sure people were dying at the fact that it took so long to jump a car battery.
Walked to the park and had a picnic lunch.
Tautphaus Zoo
The weather didn't cooperate and it rained on us a good portion of the time. At least it wasn't crowded.
Never have I seen such a large turtle in my whole life. I've been to this zoo several other times, and don't recall ever seeing them.
This monkey was posing for us, the kids got quite a kick out of it.
Bailey really wanted down to walk and did great as long as she was hanging on to Aunt Vandy and Peyton's hand. Just slowed us down a bit!
The Drive Home
Swimming in the pool at the hotel. We walked to Red Robin for dinner and then went back and went swimming in the pool and hot tub.
Enjoying the hot tub
She woke up sick! You can imagine the 5 hour drive home. Thankfully my prayers were answered and she didn't throw up again until we were 30 minutes from home.


2 comments:
Some how I have missed your latest updates! Looks like you had a fun trip. I think I would be ready to go home after 10 days of camping also! I don't think I have ever gone that long!! It was fun to visit with you and catch up a few weeks ago!!
What a great trip......I was laughin at your comment about the in-laws seeing a side of you that they never have....because I remeber thinking that same thing at your parents house when I was get snappy with Travis in front of them. So fun!
Post a Comment