So with a little research I think I've come to the conclusion that this whole "Sacred Heart Diet" is a hoax. So starting today I'm done. I was done before reading more into it because I really couldn't down another bowl of soup without gagging. My new diet--have a little will power and eat in moderation and starting someday soon--Exercising. I have to talk myself into that one. So today is my oldest son's birthday. He is turning 4 and when I figure out how to use our new scanner I'll be posting a few pictures of him from birth to now. Today will consist of doing whatever he'd like because I'm feeling really lazy. First on his agenda is making cupcakes!!
13 comments:
I tried the soup thing about 6 years ago, and it was horrible. The eating in moderation and exercise is the way to go.
mmm....cupcakes
~The Donald
donaldrsorensonesq.blogspot.com
As hard as it is, it is true the word of wisdom is the best diet. Combined with exercise you will see the results you want but it takes about 3 months to healthily see a big change. The better you stick to healthy eating and the harder you exercise the quicker you will see results. Just a suggestion that has worked for me, write down what you are going to eat daily and put it on the fridge, include snacks, and drink water through out the day. That way when you get hungry you don't have to open the fridge and wonder what to eat or just grab chocolate or a bag of chips because it is easy and tastes better anyway. When I have meals on the fridge I stick to eating healthier foods. If you need ideas of what to eat let me know, I can help! Sorry for the longest comment ever, I just haven't talked about this kind of stuff for a while, but I love it, and I am excited to start my own work out again May 1st, if the doctor clears me!!!!
Reading your dieting blog just made my whole day. I am on the eat whatever you see that looks good because you are no longer working and have nothing else to do diet. It is not working out so well for me either:) I think you should make birthday cupcakes and then enjoy them. The exercising can just wait. I hate dieting, but I know it is coming as soon as the baby comes, so I am eating up a storm right now. Good luck.
Here are some things that are helping me on my road to fitting into my pre-brooke jeans again. Notice I said brooke not whitney. Anyway whenever you feel hungry-drink water. I heard most of the time we are hungry-we really are thirsty so drink up first and then eat. Also drink a huge glass before bed..this really helped me lose weight after amber. The next is you have got to have cardiovascular workouts. I can't lose weight on just watching what i eat-I did about one minute of jumping jacks the other day and thought i was going to pass out. Anyway jumproping is a good one too. I am limited to space in this apt so i do this to get my heart rate up. Only weigh yourself once a week-REALLY. I have to hide my scale away so i am not tempted. But it't more depressing if i don't see any results quick -you lose more weight when your'e feeling happy and satisfied with your life. I am a strong believer of this. Oh and if you are like me and do the bored grazing-break out some chewing gum. Well I guess you got another book to read from me. Sorry, I hope some of it helps. But I still think you are pretty darn skinny and beautiful anyway.
love it!!! I was at mom's when you called and said Brian threw in the towel, too funny. Good luck with it all if you were here I would go running with you but because I am by myself I will continue thinking about how I should go running:)
Here is the main question.....why are you dieting????? You Jenn, have an amazingly thin body! You don't need to diet!
I on the other hand need to use some self control and shed a few pounds. I am done having children and so it's time to get back to my pre-baby weight. And I have a little motivation: vacation coming soon. It would be nice to feel good and fit into some old (smaller) clothes.
hi jen- garrett and i decided that we would try to eat less and no more junk food. we will see how long this lasts. but life just is not fun without food. we both need to lose weight though. jilayne
I use that scrapbook progam I got from you. Just make a web page and publish as HTML and put it in, super easy. I can show you sometime.
Hey, we'll forgive you for stalking us.....this time.:) Actually, I'm glad because now I can see all these cutesy scrapbook-like blogs (I'm new at this). Maybe you could tell me what site to go to so I can do it. I've decided ours is ugly.....thanks for the rude awakening.:) Have a great day.
Hey Jen! Okay not that I am an expert as I am working on #4 child here, but what worked for me really and truly was Weight Watchers. You can even do it online. I loved it. I lost like 20lbs in 2 months. I felt better because I was eating better and watching what I ate. I exercised by doing pilates and a half hour on my treadmill. Not bad for two months. Now I know what to do after the baby comes.
Okay, you're a lifesaver. Kyle will probably be in a huff because our blog looks "girly" now, but oh well.:) Thank You! As for the pictures side by side. When I add pictures to my post, I choose left align. Then, I drag the pics to the beginning of the paragraph that I want them next to. If I want two, I drag the second one right next to the first. I think it only works if you choose the small size pics though (not med or large), otherwise it just puts them one on top of the other. Frankly, I didn't even mean to do it because I'm pretty technologically challenged, but sometimes I get lucky.:) Hope that helps. Thanks again for your help!
It is my theory that if we would all just get fat (I prefer pudgy or pleasantly plump myself) then we would have nothing to compare ourselves to and them we could all eat cupcakes. So far, I'm the only one on this plan but I'm hoping for more members soon. (seriously- I got desperate and joined weight watchers- it works but it's not as fun as eating)
Oh Jenn...when I saw you a couple weeks ago in Idaho I thought to myself, "How in the world has Jenn stayed so skinny after having four children?" You look great and I am not just saying that! I know the weight loss battle is a daily struggle. For me it is one day on and one day off, but what do you do?!?
Post a Comment