Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blessings!

I sometimes overlook and need to be reminded of my blessings. Running water/indoor plumbing is one of them. We woke up one morning to NO WATER! The pump went out and luckily it went out on a Thursday because we were able to get someone out the next day, before the weekend. So by the time they got it fixed and running we were without it for about 32 hours. With little kids it was quite a hassle. I never really realized how many times in a day I washed hands and faces. Gratefully, my Aunt let me use her shower because I hadn't showered the day before (disgusting, I know, but it happens at times) and was in desperate need of one because I had to go to a Stake Primary Meeting, otherwise I just might have gone 2 days without. I really needed to shave my legs too, but I didn't take the time to do it while showering at my Aunts because I felt bad for having to use someone else's shower, so luckily we have an irrigation turn out pretty much in our yard (just on the out-lying part) and so I took a bar of soap and shaved my legs. I had my 4-year-old snap a shot of it. I'm sure everyone who drove by was wondering what the heck I was doing, but hey I hadn't shaved for a few days.

Kaden had to have a picture of him sitting next to it also. Don't you love the water boots with the spiderman pajamas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is classic. I can say I have shaved in Lakes but never in an irrigation turn out!!

Lisa Christine said...

I can't imagine not having water....what a hassel!!

I am so glad that you got a shot of you shaving your legs....this will be a story that you share for years to come!

Jenks Family said...

Jen i just love the picture of you shaving in the bank, just goes to show we really did grow up on a farm.

BriAnne said...

I'm just impressed that you shaved your legs on a busy street corner (okay, well, busy for out here).:) I wish I'd been driving by right then.:)

Scott and Kelli said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I loved the picture!

5dollarFanatic said...

Awesome-reminds me of camping. Good times!!! I am glad you got your water back on-it is a hassle for sure with kids-we had our water shut off for the better part of a day once and it does really make you think about modern conveniences.