Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Vacation

Brian had a couple days off so we headed to my grandparents house, which is only about an hour and a half away. We love going to visit and don't go enough for as close as they are. We spent most the days swimming in their pool, which is a huge hit with the kids. Brian took his chain saw and did a little sawing on some trees that grandma wanted trimmed. I tryed to keep the house clean for my grandparents especially having all our little ones there. Grandma had a doctors appointment the day we got there to see why she had been so tired lately. After many tests, 5 or 6 hours later and to make a long story short, she had come home to tell us they were going to admit her to the hospital early the next morning because she was bleeding internally and they needed to fix it!! So she went in the next morning for an outpatient surgery and was able to get the problem fixed although she didn't get home until about 4 p.m. She was so tired and I felt so bad. Grandma is one who never complains and she really wasn't complaining except for the fact that they felt awful for not being home a lot of the time while we were there to visit. What?? I felt bad for being there while she I'm sure felt miserable. Anyhow, while they were away we cleaned the house for them and then spent the rest of the day lounging in the pool. So, here are some fun pictures of the great time that we had.
Grandma, before the doctors' visits taking the kids for a ride in the bucket of the tractor that they were using to haul tree trimmings.
**Danica (my cousin's little girl), Kaden, Marissa, Whitney**

The water in the pool was 90-92 degrees the whole time we were there, which explains Carson loving the pool so much. All year he has cryed when he gets in my mom's pool and I believe it's because it's not the temperature of bath water. So, my little guy literally jumped off the diving board or side of the pool a half million times. He was loving life and couldn't get enough of it. He would jump when we weren't paying attention, which we usually were, but with 3 other kids wanting our attention as well, we sometimes had our backs turned. Those arm guards though brought him right back up and he could even just kind of hang out there by himself while staying afloat.

Aren't those goggle faces just cute?

Marissa loving the slide!

Sitting on the porch swing

Wish I was still there!!

Sorry grandpa! I didn't capture any photos of you on this trip. Thanks though for having us for a couple of days. We will forever have many fond memories of Grandpa and Grandma's house. Can't wait for the family reunion!

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

FUN!!! That pool os so blue! I bet your kids had a blast going down that slide!

I hope that your grandma is feeling better. I am sure that she was thrilled to have you there to help out :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous you guys get to go there so often. I believe the last time i was there was christmas 2006. I am excited to get to go in a few weeks.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Jenn, it looks like you grandparents have a BEAUTIFUL place!! I miss my grandpa's pool and so do the girls! And I loved the pictures of you kids...they are so adorable and yes, the picture of their little goggle faces is too cute!:)
By-the-way everytime I hear this song on your blog it almost makes me cry! And it definitley makes a flood od memories come!

BriAnne said...

I LOVE the picture of the kids on the tractor. It made me laugh out loud. Us westsiders aren't used to seeing that sort of a thing.:)

pntmom said...

got grandma hooked up to your blog. created a shortcut. she is now up todate in the tech world. she has a laptop and is portable now. Make sure you email her lots because she promises she is going to email lots more.

Lisa Christine said...

uh...it's been close to a month since your last post....just a reminder :)

Jackie said...

Cute new picture on you title. I love it!

Jenks Family said...

i love the new family picture