The last 4 weeks I've been to doctors weekly. And the next 2 weeks I'm planning the same. And all the appointments have been for ME! I've had 2 OB appointments, the last of which I finally heard the heart beat of my little one, who is to arrive September 16th. Follow-up appointment with my GI doctor, who told me, my intestinal infection is gone, but are still dealing with the same uncomfortable symptoms. And today I went in for a scheduled dental implant, but the Oral Surgeon, after learning of my GI problems (we're still trying to figure out), thought it might not be a great idea so he contacted my GI doctor who confirmed the surgeons concerns. I wasn't too disappointed because I wasn't going to be knocked out for the procedure (because it was cheaper for me) and after seeing all the metal and tools sitting out for me I think this fall (when it's rescheduled for), I'll pay the extra to have me out of it. So, next week I have to have a lovely procedure done by my GI doctor to try to find some answers. I'm praying he can find the cause of all this. What's even more fun is that this pregnant momma has to go on a clear liquid diet 24 hours before. How on earth is that possible? And the thing that worries me is that he said that if I have what he thinks I might have he won't be able to tell until he can do a full colonoscopy, which will have to be after the baby is born. Aren't I too young for this? I haven't felt so unhealthy my whole entire life. Until now I never had to go to the doctor for anything. Just physicals to play sports. And on top of all this medical stress I get to deal with being extremely nauseas. I can tolerate that though because its a great sign of a little miracle growing within.
11 comments:
WOW! What is going on?! Sounds crazy scary, whatever it is if you have to get a colonoscopy! Good luck with your test and hope it all turns out well and you get feeling better soon!!!
I am sorry Jenn, that sounds awful! Hopefully the doc can take care of it sooner than September. Hope you get feeling better!!!
You're my new hero. I think there's definitely something bad in the water around here. This last pregnancy was a nightmare for me too. I'll be praying for you. And seriously, call me and let me take your kids.....don't make me come and kidnap them, although I will if you leave me no option.:) Keep us posted.
That is crazy you have had so many health issues! I hope you can get feeling better soon, and CONGRATS on the soon to be arrival of a new baby! What fun times! :)
Sour patch kids worked great with my last 2 pregnancies...So did half a unisom before you go to bed....I really pray nothing serious is going on with you, just a thought have you had your gal bladder looked at. My sister Hillary went through a lot of the same stuff as you and it went on for over 2 years. Than after the 4th doctors opinion they found her gal bladder was only working at 1% had it removed and much better. of course she changed part of her diet along with it...
Hey Jen- I will be praying for your doctors that they might come up with some other test you can do before baby comes so they can figure out what is wrong. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.
Gosh that sounds so terrible and makes my issues seem like nothing! We are praying for you and hope they can get you feeling better, that's the pits!
I'm sorry that things are going so rough. I really hope that they get it all figured out and things turn out just fine. CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! That is pretty exciting...although I'm sure when you're feeling sick it's no fun at all.
Congratulations on the pregnancy...wow I didn't even know and I'm so excited for you!! I'm so sorry to hear about all the doctor stuff though and I hope they can make it all better! You're such a good mom and I can't wait for this little one to come in September!
Ok--So after seeing you on Saturday at JM I thought--wow I need to leave Jen a comment telling her how great she looked. THEN I came to your blog and to my surprise I found out you were expecting. Congrats and so now you look even double great. BUT THEN I read and saw that you were having health problems--what a bummer I am so sad for you--as if pregnancy isn't enough to worry about. I hope they get it all figured out so you can enjoy some guilt free baby eating:) I am happy for you and the baby--I know you were wanting another one and hope you feel better soon (and I still stick with my opinion that you looked fab--I would have never guessed you were going to have a baby). BEST OF LUCK!!!
Oh, I am so sorry. Good luck!
Post a Comment