Monday, March 8, 2010

6 Months

My little Bailey is 6 months--can't hardly believe it. I took her in for her well visit today and her stats are:
WEIGHT: 18 lbs. 14 oz.
HEIGHT: 28 1/4 inches
She's still on the chart for weight, but off the charts for her height. She doesn't appear to look as heavy as she is because she's so long!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bailey loves attention! If you're talking to her she's smiling. She can be crying one minute, but as soon as you make eye contact with her and smile at her, she's giving you all grins right back. She's finally discovered her feet and likes to pull them up and chew on them. She's quite flexible. She is becoming a mommy's girl! When she's in her swing, bouncer, playing on the floor and sees mom walk through the room, she starts to cry. And when I walk through a second time, she's quite devastated! The sound of the cry and the look in her eyes is enough to pull at my heart. I've become quite good at doing things with one hand with little papoose in the other. Just not sure how many more little ones I might be blessed with so I'm really not wanting her to grow so fast. She will grab anything within reach and is a guarantee to go straight to the mouth. And if it's your finger, she will bite it with her two bottom teeth, possibly as hard as she can. While sitting in her bouncer, she knows just how to get one leg kicki'n (always the right leg) to get her bouncing (and I mean really bouncing). She knows just what she's doing! She loves her brothers and sisters. Six months old and they still can't get enough of her. They love to talk in that "baby talk" voice to her and she's happy to talk back. She loves, loves, loves, to be outside! It's been pretty warm the past few days, so we've been on a few walks. There are so many new things to see outside, and she's especially intrigued by our chickens. She's learning the taste of new things each day, and is so cute to watch as she's learning how to bite things (cheerios/crackers) and how exactly her little mouth works. I love to see my children grow and learn. It's amazing how they learn so much in such a small amount of time. As crazy as our house can be with 5 little ones (and most likely a crazy mother), I wouldn't want my life to be any different than it is now. Sure, I have those days when the thought of, "what in the world am I doing?" runs through my mind or "when am I going to get a minute to do something for myself", but how grateful I am to be a mother and wife, to my sweet family. I've been blessed with the life I've dreamed of since I was a young girl, which is becoming a wife and having children of my own!

3 comments:

David and Kira said...

She always seems like such a happy baby in your pictures!! She is sure a cutie. I have the same feelings sometimes. I am thankful for this blog thing though because when I look back on the pictures, I love my life!! It is so fun playing mommy sometimes! You are a great mom. Your kids are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Brayden and Bailey sound SO similar. Brayden does the same thing when I walk by and don't pick him up you would've thought he was hurt!

5dollarFanatic said...

I think everyone needs a "crazy" mom sometimes. It will give them some funny things to look back on and laugh at when they're older and they realize that they turned out alright. Anyway at least I hope that's how my kids will view it years down the road..ha ha. Kids are definitely one of the joys we are blessed with!!