Friday, March 7, 2008

Our Secret Getaway...

People keep asking to post pictures of our vacation, but the computer that has all the pictures on it is the computer the kids play games on and is soooo slow. They've really put a beatin on the poor thing and I get irritated when I have to use it. I don't dare to attempt it yet. And I haven't felt too great since I've been home either which doesn't help the situation. And NO I'm not pregnant for those of you who've questioned me or perhaps are wondering. So, my hubby and I got to go on a 7-night cruise to the Western Caribbean. It was fabulous! We were supposed to stop at 4 different places, but ended up only stopping at 3 because the day we were to stop in Grand Cayman, the weather wasn't the greatest and waves were coming up over the dock so the captain didn't feel it was safe enough to stop. BUMMER! But we did stop in Haiti (Labadee), Royal Caribbean's private island, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico. We went with another couple and had the bestest time. So great, we might have to make it a tradition every few years. It was nice to get away and have a little break from being a mommy. We were actually gone from the kids for 10 days. I had never left them for very long and apparently it was too long because my little guy, Carson, 16 months didn't remember who I was. He didn't want anything to do with me and only wanted grandma. Now if that doesn't put a dagger in your heart I don't know what does. And to make it worse he wanted Brian before he wanted me. Now, that doesn't happen on a normal day. It truly took him most of a day to remember that I was his mommy. I guess on the other note I know they were taken good care of. He now comes to me over grandma so, yes, I have knocked his sense back into him. Not really, just lots of snuggles and loves. So, we had a great time and are back to reality. I will try to post pictures soon.

2 comments:

marciekoch said...

Jen - That is so great that you and Brian got to get away on a vacation! It sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Lisa Christine said...

I am JEALOUS!!!! What a fabulous vacation! I can't believe you were without kids for 10 days......I can't even bring myself to leave mine with a sitter for 3 hours. I should probably get over that.
Please post pictures soon...I can't wait to see them.
And I love the new layout by the way!