I'm so inconsistent with this blogging thing it sometimes drives me crazy. I have great intentions of keeping it updated, but never seem to. So, here's a list of some of the things we've been up to the last couple weeks.
**The girl's last day of Kindergarten. YAY!!
**Attended a class of "Summer Crafts for Kids", in hopes of not going insane the next couple of months with all 4 kids at home all day long.
**Brian called to be 2nd Counselor in the Elders Quorum
**Had a Primary Meeting
**Girls off to a birthday party to the Circus
**Took boys to circus and upon arriving there realized I left their 2 free tickets to get in on the kitchen counter. After standing in line for a good while, thinking the whole time, "I'm not going to pay for all of us to get in even though I drove 30 minutes to get there, but asking myself how am I going to explain that to my 4 year-old son??" Surely someone would have extra "free" tickets. So I decided to stand there a bit longer and realized the couple in front of me had a hand full of tickets, but only 2 kids. I stood there for a moment trying to get the nerve to ask if she had extra tickets. So I asked and she said, "YES!" Oh, how I thanked her. So we enjoyed a couple hours of fun. After the circus, stopped at Target, met up with my hubby after he got off work and then met up with my sister and brother (from Alaska)and their spouses and also some friends Brock and Emily to enjoy some Red Robin for dinner. Too Fun!!
**Went to a Little League Party to a nearby Aquatic Place and watched the kids swim even though it was freezing cold. They enjoyed it for a while until they couldn't stand it any longer. I told them to go get in the showers to warm up and ended up playing in them the rest of the time. Needless to say, we ended up leaving early. I was freezing and wasn't even in the water. Poor Kids!! They were really trying to have a good time.
**Took Marissa to the dentist for a cleaning. No Cavities!!
**Girls invited to go swimming to friends house. (Another set of twins their age--So Fun!)
**Babysat my sister's kids while she threw a Modbe Party.
**Went for a walk down the canal, letting the kids throw rocks occasionally
**Ventured out with my 4 kids to the mall for a return and a purchase and then to Fred Meyer for something specific before my softball game. After doing so I always ask myself, "Why in the world do I do that??" Because one of these days I'm hoping that they can behave just once while being in a store. It doesn't help that the carts they have with the car in front only seat 2 children.
**Played in a softball game, stopped to get groceries, and got pulled over on the way home. (Only the 2nd time in my whole entire life) Story--Lights come on, I pull over and get my license out, roll window down, while BRIGHT light is shone in my eyes, and officer says, "Well, look who it is!" Me--"Hey Gordon!" He proceeds to ask me what I'm doing out so late and I tell him. We talk for a moment and I ask, "do you want this(my license)?" He kindly responds, "Oh, no." I say, "Thank you, I'll slow her down." He says, "you weren't speeding, you crossed the center line. How much have you had to drink tonight? J/K!!" I say, "Oh, I did? Sorry, I'm trying to finish eating. I'll keep it in my lane." (At least I'm honest and not talking on my cell phone while trying to eat and drive) Anyways, glad I knew the guy and he was kind enough to let me off the hook.
**Invited to Aunt's house to let kids play, while we finish a game of May I. Good times even though I got my phanny kicked.
**Had husband buy over 40 pounds of chicken (on sale) so I could can it. What was I thinking?? I did start today though.
**Babysat the neighbor boys
**Danced to Hannah Montana
**Mowed the lawn (more than once)
**Weeded the garden
**Picked peas from the garden
**Swimming at grandma's several times
**Read books
**Chores
**Cryed
**Laughed
**Watched movies while eating popcorn
**Spent endless hours outside-swinging, riding bikes, running through sprinklers, helping dad wash vehicles
**Argued
**Trip to Library
**Disciplined
**Snuggled--my baby, who isn't much a baby anymore (sniff, sniff), is the best cuddler ever. He is as I call him, "my cuddle bug."
**And I'm pretty sure a half million other things that I'm not going to list because the time is now 1:50 a.m., which is why I don't enjoy waking in the morning when my children wake up. I really need to do better following the advice of "Early to bed, early to rise."
Salisbury Family Pictures 2018
8 years ago


6 comments:
You have been one very busy lady!!! Holy Moly! My favorite thing on the list was "danced to Hannah Montan" because I think that could go on the list of every mother in America (at least mothers of young girls!)
It was great to see you a couple days ago. You look great (as always). And so tan! I need to get out in the sun more :)
Keep enjoying summer....may the list grow longer and longer!!!
You always here my brother say, you stay at home and do what? I don't know how you do it. You can send the peas to us. i made an attempt to can chicken once. Kara ended up doing it for me. Great luck with that. Hope all is well. How's the bows?
sounds like a party! Is every mother with four children under he age of 6 that busy? Something to look forward to I guess although unless I have twins I won't have 4 kids under the age of 6:) It was fun reading everything you had going on. Thanks again for watching my kids.
WOW! You are busy! somthing to look forward to I guess. So I love the cop thing. Gordons so fun, I used to cut his hair. Im really bad, I used to drive, eat, and feed Damon in the back seat I may add! I dont do that anymore. I try and be safer for the kids anyways!
hey will you send me your email so I can add you. I am going private. Lame I know!
-Brooke
I am glad to hear I'm not the only mom who isn't and early to bed person...so many things to do during the day that i take advantage of when kids are actually in bed.
Post a Comment