I'm so behind and have so much to catch up on, but wanted to post these pictures of my little guy. We blessed Bailey this past weekend (pictures to come), and we were eating lunch at the church, and there was a dog hanging around outside (we happen to know the owners of the dog and knew the dog was nice). Well, Carson and my 14 year old brother were outside and Carson was petting the dog and the dog decided to snap. Garrett carried him in and I hear Carson crying, with his hands over his face, and blood pouring from underneath. I lift up his hands and nearly freaked. It looked a lot worse than it actually ended up being, with all the blood. I asked what happened and he said, the dog bit him. What? I was shocked and could not believe it. I went to get Brian because I couldn't handle what I was seeing. Anyhow, Brian and my father-in-law took him into the ER because he had a chunk taken from above his eye and thought stitches were needed. Well, the doctor didn't do anything because there was a chunk missing and said, we needed to go to a plastic surgeon. So, I took him in the next day and the surgeon said, because of the risk of infection he didn't want to fix it then. He wants to let it heal on its own. If it heals up looking alright (minimal scarring), nothing will need to be done, but if not we'll take him back in and he'll make some cuts, and stitch it up nicely. We're so grateful it wasn't any worse and that there was no damage to his eye. He was so, so sad. Brian said, he fell asleep on the way to the hospital and didn't make a peep after that, even when they were cleaning him all up. He was quite a trooper. And all the nurses and doctors (Brian's fellow co-workers) hooked him up with a ton of stickers. The crazy thing is, is that he doesn't appear to be afraid of dogs after what happened.
Salisbury Family Pictures 2018
8 years ago


8 comments:
Poor little guy! He is such a cute little guy. Kyla saw the pictures and said "oh, poor Carson"!
Poor guy! hope he doesn't have to much of a battle scare.
boy, your family and trips to the hospital!! Hope you are done with that place for a while!! Hope Carson is feeling better soon!!
Poor little guy!
So sorry for all you guys are going through right now. We love you and think of you often!
I can see why you had to go get Brian! I am glad it is not as bad as it looks and that it didn't hurt his eye. The kids remember him in every prayer! Keep us updated. LIke you said what a tropper!!
Ahh! I feel really bad. I'm so sorry Carson. I hope he does better.
Stupid Dog... I've always hated him! I hope Carson is healing okay!
Post a Comment