Monday, November 9, 2009

This Brother...


was called to be Bishop yesterday!

I have to give a little background of this picture. This was taken this past summer during our family reunion. We were all going to the Temple and Travis didn't have a bag, so what does he find to take? This "Going to Grandma's" suitcase (which we all wanted photo of). This was the little red suitcase I would take everytime I went to my grandparents house as a little girl, and apparently he thought it would work perfectly for his clothing to attend the temple. And it did. This is the same brother, who keeps us laughing hysterically, until all hours of the night, and then when we finally decide we better get some sleep, he thanks us all for being such a great audience. But, not only does he have a great sense of humor, but he has amazing faith and knowledge of the gospel. He would literally do anything for anyone. He has taught early morning seminary for years (whom the students love), along with owning a very busy CPA business, and has an adoring wife and 5 children. As his sister, I have the right to brag about him don't I?? I wasn't surprised one little bit to hear the great news! He truly is an example to me!
Travis and his sweet wife, Meredith
(a.k.a. Bishop and the Bishop's Wife)


Their Lovely Family

2 comments:

David and Kira said...

oh, my, heck! I always look at their blog. His wife is gorgeous and they just look so happy. He seems so young to be bishop!!

Meredith Salisbury said...

Thanks Jennifer. That was a really sweet post. I told Jande I will have to come back and read these post when I get stressed out (ie: on the bench at church every Sunday for 5 yrs.). Your baby is SO darling. I wish we lived closer so I could cuddle her.

xoxo,
Meredith