Today, I'm attempting to fully train this boy. A month ago I caught him in the act of "pooping" so I quickly said, "let's go get on the potty," to try to teach him that when he needs to go, the toilet is the place. And he went. He's fully aware of when he's going to the bathroom. So every time after when I could see that he was starting his deed, I would do that. And he went everytime. So, 2 weeks ago, he says, "pee, pee." I say , "o.k., come on, let's go," and rush to the bathroom. And he went "poop." (That was the 1st time he told me he had to go) So before I put him to bed I said, "let's go potty," and he got all excited and said "pee, pee." And he went "pee."

So the next morning I put on a pair of underwear and of course he pees in them. I guess I was being too lazy to really try so I put a diaper back on him. Anyhow, he usually always goes "poop" in the toilet, it's just the other that he doesn't inform me he has to do. So this morning, he again informed me that he had to go (poop) and he did so I put underwear on him with the intent of actually trying to potty train him and knowing that I'm going to have to ask/remind him if he needs to go to the bathroom. So wish us luck.

He just came to me as I write this and said, "pee", but his underwear is wet. And I just asked him if he needed to go. The little stink. But I'm going to continue today because I know he can do it. He's a smart little guy. He's only 22 months. Definitely, my youngest to even think about doing such a thing. But, it's so sad to think my little guy, isn't so little anymore.
6 comments:
Wow, are you saying you have almost all 4 out of diapers!! I look forward to that day! They do catch on quicker it seems when they can see their siblings going on the toilet. They want to be big, even when we want them to stay small!
you can do it!! and so can he I am sure:) GOod luck, don't stop now.
hey I was just thinking, if you get him out of diapers think of the money you can use at North Bend:)
Ohh, how exciting. Good luck!
Good luck-Jen. Sounds like it won't be long now. Thats exciting that he is so young!! Whitney was my early one at 18 months and she made it really easy for me-potty trained herself just about.
looks like you need to have another one, you can't be diaper free. It's not fair. i can't believe summer is over, it makes me want to cry
Post a Comment