Monday, October 13, 2008

For My Birthday

My birthday is this next Sunday and my husband came home from deer hunting and asked me if for my birthday I'd like to go to the Phantom of the Opera. It took me off guard a bit because it's not like my husband to do things like this for me unless it's my idea. (I'm not saying that rudely, he just doesn't) My thoughts were: where? how did you find out about it's playing? who gave you that idea? So, actually my 1st question was, "how much are tickets?" I'm a super tight-wad (sp?). His response was $62. Uh, definitely not. He then proceeded to tell me they had balcony tickets for $25. That's better, but still really didn't want to spend that much. I know I'm way cheap!! I should have just accepted and not worried about cost. So after a few days I called my sister-in-law because I knew they'd been before and she said she'd spend the money to see it again and that it was worth every penny. And then a couple others said the same thing. So, it's less than a week before the performance and I get online and all balcony seating is sold out. Go Figure. They did have $50 seats available so I took them. My husband had booked a hotel so either way we were going. Anyhow, I'm way excited and thanks Brian for thinking of me. This one earned him points :)

11 comments:

Jenks Family said...

Garrett wants to go too, what night are you going? that will be a nice time away for the 2 of you.

Scott and Kelli said...

You will love it! It is definately worth the money. I hope you have a great birthday.

David and Kira said...

Seth, Heather, Tyson and Becky are going on a double date to that while my mom babysits over night!! Sounds like a blast. I went in 9th grade with our family (balcony seats) and I would totally get closer, so I'm glad you did!! Have fun!!

Enriquez Family said...

totally totally worth it! Loved it! and I was small. worth all the money u spend.

Jackie said...

Sounds like so much fun! Way to go Brian! And Happy Birthday too, I had forgotten that you, Mary and Haley all had birthday's right together.

Anonymous said...

Good for you livin' on the crazy side:)j/k I understand the tight wad thing (we must be more like Dad than we thought:)). You guys will have a great time I am sure. Chalk one up for Brian:)

Jessica said...

Todd and I went last week and it was wonderful. You will love it. Just forget about the money because it is soooo worth it. ENJOY!!

Karin said...

Way to go, Bri!! Jen--I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday! Love you!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Happy Birthday to you!!:) You'll have to tell us how it was!

Salisbury's said...

I love it when they totally suprise you! Good one Brian!! Have fun, you will love it!! I realized sometimes you have to live "crazy"!

5dollarFanatic said...

I hope you enjoy it completely. That is what makes our husbands great-they make sacrifices to go to things like this for us even though we know they'd rather be doing something else. Two years ago Joe took me to the Nutcracker- okay Ballet and my husband??? But he actually enjoyed it a bit and now wants me to take the girls to it every year-which would never have happened had he not gone himself to see what a big shabang it all is for little girls to get all dressed up and go to.