Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Huge Surprise

Two nights ago I got a phone call from my mother and she was questioning me about house prices in our area. I didn't really know why she cared, so I asked her if she was wondering for any particular reason. And much to my suprise, my brother, Shaun and his family are moving within 30 miles of us. What?? For real?? A guy called him and offered him a job over the phone without even interviewing him. They talked about things and it was pretty much too good to be true. He accepted and we are all way excited. That makes 5 of the 7 married kids actually within a few hours driving. It's hard when families marry and move all different directions. The times our family is all together is very far and in between. We try to have a reunion every couple years and that's the only time we get to see some families. But that's life I guess. Anyways, just thought I'd share the fun news. It's definitely a mother's dream come true. I'm actually surprised I didn't hear screams & squeals from my mother who lives down the road when she heard the news.

3 comments:

Enriquez Family said...

congrats! thats so much fun!

Salisbury's said...

I know I can't wait!!

Jackie said...

That is so fun! I was actually thinking about Shay the other day and wondered where she was and what they were doing. Tell her hello for me.