Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cows & Fall Leaves

The two have nothing in common, but I was out raking leaves yesterday and taking random pictures of the boys. A farmer put cows in the alfalfa field right out our back yard the other day and the kids were thrilled. I wasn't opposed to it until I found out is all they do is "MOO" all day and night. I swear they must have just been separated from their babies because I don't think the poor things should be "MOOING" this much. But anyhow, the kids love it. In fact I think they keep forgetting that they aren't our cows. I overheard Whitney telling Brian the other day that she knew how many cows WE had.

Notice a lot of the cows huddled in that corner. They sit there and just "MOO". It must be a traumatic experience whatever they have been through.





Leaves are our ground cover for this time of year. I hate it. I love the trees in the summer, but hate them in the fall. We have 6 huge walnut trees and 5 other of some sort. It's a pain. It's never ending. Oh well. The kids like to jump in them I guess. So we took pictures in them also.


3 comments:

Karin said...

So cute! I love the last one of Carson in the leaves! Hope the MOOING gets better soon...keep us posted.

Jackie said...

Hope you don't start smelling the cows soon too. And that is A LOT of leaves! I bet your kids love it. I was out raking today too, but we only have 4 trees, all planted within the last 2 years- not too many leaves yet.

Anonymous said...

I found out about the mooing thing while I was at mom's the other day, you're right they don't stop!! Cute pics of the boys.