The other day Whitney came home, very excited, and said, "Mom, I won the spelling bee and tomorrow I'm getting a medal!" What?? I didn't know you were even participating in the spelling bee! If I had known we would have actually studied the words and I would have been there to watch. A couple weeks ago the girls had brought home a note about the spelling bee, when it was, and a list of words to study. So I asked them how to spell some that were on the list. But after that the list just sat on the piano and I thought we wouldn't do it this year because that's just one more thing I need to add to my "to do list". It takes me all night just to get homework done, dinner, and ready for bed. I did feel extremely guilty though every time I looked at the list sitting on the piano and thinking I really should be working with my girls on those words and let them be a participant. Anyhow, come to find out everyone was a participant and my dear Whitney was the 1st Grade Champion! I felt horrible! And poor Marissa was in tears as she tryed to explain to me the 3 words she missed and how she wouldn't be getting a medal. I tryed to explain to her that it was o.k. and that as long as she had fun, then that's all that matters. I guess I should have informed her it was MY FAULT that I didn't study the words with her. They both received a coupon good for one free triple milkshake at McDonalds. MMM!
Whitney--2008 1st Grade Champion


Marissa with her Triple Milkshake Coupon

On a side note: On the back of the medal it reads:
B.C. ELELMENTARY
1ST GRADE CHAMPION-2008
They spelt Elementary Wrong! Apparently, the person who made the medals didn't win the Spelling Bee either. Sorry, that was really rude, but I found it quite funny!
6 comments:
that is great, congrats to her
CONGRATULATIONS Whitney!! That's funny about the spelling mistake on the back! Marissa's hair is super cute!
Yay Whitney! that is Awesome. Poor Marissa, I can just picture her crying while trying to explain, what a cutie. I had to laugh about the spelling error that is just classic. Speaking of spelling how do you spell yay, yeah, yeehaw. How is it spelt it is driving me nuts. Ask Whitney would ya?
Great job Whitney! I had to laugh about the spelling mistake on the medal. You would think they would have double checked the spelling on a spelling bee medal!!
We definately need to go out soon, Jake is going through withdrawls. =)
yeah Whitney! :) the mis-spelling makes me think that maybe she goes to connell?! I thought BCE took care of things like that! :)
About Christine. She went in to the hospital on tuesday for an amnio and was in labor, so Kutter was born at 1:07pm! He's absolutely precious!
That is hilarious that a spelling bee medal is spelled incorrectly.
Congrats Whitney!
Post a Comment