Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Fun

All the supplies.

The kids and I decorated gingerbread houses. I actually just frosted and they did all the decorating. I initially had printed off templates to make the houses myself, but decided to buy the kits. And it was worth the $8 a house, let me tell you (much more convenient). The kids loved doing them. In the middle of decorating, Marissa said, "this is the best day of my life." She was very meticulous about her decorating. Carson fell asleep right before we started so he missed out on the fun. I was actually o.k. with that because I'm afraid it would have been a disaster trying to keep him from devouring the candy.

Whitney's House


Marissa's House--her whole roof was nearly all candy. She was having me add frosting all over the place so she could keep sticking on the candy. But it was very well done.

Kaden's House

5 comments:

pntmom said...

great job on the houses. we also decorated one. it's a great time. you should come to our house. we got about 5inches of snow. will take pictures and post.

Lisa Christine said...

My girls just decorated that same house this afternoon. But I am too cheap...and made them share just one house.

BriAnne said...

Oh, I just love everything about Christmas!! The houses turned out great! And you're always doing fun little projects with your kids. Where do you come up with all of the time!? Secretly Superwoman?:) Anyway, thank you for offering to watch my kids during this whole to-do. It was incredibly nice and Kyle told me that you called. I'll probably take you up on it one of these days, especially if they put me all the way down. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

very cute! I think I should come and help them eat those houses:)

The Mollotte Family said...

Okay, I must need some tips. I decorated one of these and wanted to scream (okay, I really did... multiple times)!! First of all, I couldn't get the thing to be sturdy enough, and then Launa kept eating the candy, I felt like the frosting was some sort-of strange glue... In the end, I rigged it out with some boxes and cardboard. I'll have to consult you before undertaking this next year!:) Yours look great!