I realize some of you experience snow all winter long, but for us we don't. And that's just fine with me because I don't love to drive in it and it's just too cold. It is fun to have a WHITE CHRISTMAS though.


We've gotten quite a bit (for here) and I had to leave bright and early yesterday morning to make it to dentist appointments for the 3 oldest by 8:10 (remind you it takes me a good 40-45 minutes to get there on good roads). So we left in plenty of time (hour early) and it's a good thing because I'm not sure the snow plows cared about the country roads. I felt like I was driving through a massive field covered with snow. So we took it nice a slow (max 40 mph), and arrived just a few minutes late (pet peeve of mine). After appointments (no cavities), we hit the stores. I was hoping that the snow would slow the shoppers down a bit, but I was way wrong. We finished up last minute shopping, went to goodwill to find some cheap snow boots (no luck), but ended up coming home with these.

I love the fact that I get rid of junk only to go buy junk back. We had a successful day and finished all the finishing touches for christmas day. We came home and got ready for a family party. We got together with the Salisbury side and enjoyed a variety of soups. A choice of beef stew, taco soup, or homemade chicken noodle. MMM! Lots of rolls, salads, and desserts as well. Most the grandkids played a piano piece and then gifts were exchanged. Most of my pictures didn't turn out for some crazy reason.
Cousin Kenzie, Marissa, & Whitney with new coloring books from their great-grandpa & grandma.

Kaden with his coloring book and his find at Goodwill that he wouldn't pass up, Scooby Doo (don't worry--we put it through a hot wash cycle).

Carson just being Carson!

I'm so grateful for family and the good times we enjoy together. For family that is distant, please know that we think of you often and wish so badly to be with you as well during such a joyous time of year. WE LOVE YOU!
1 comment:
I want to come!!!!!
Post a Comment