So, in a discussion the other day with my husband he tried to inform me that most people's wives pack their husbands lunches. So my question is, do you? Because I don't! Him leaving at 5 a.m. is a bit too early for me to wake up just to pack his lunch.
WHAT DO YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU DO?


22 comments:
corection to this blog for all of those who are about to leave a nasty message for Jenns wonderful husband. The question was brought up because she thinks i spend to much money buying lunch at work (probably $5 a week) so i said pack me a lunch and we wont have to worry about that then.
I really think you guys should counsel with your bishop on this agrument! Just kidding! So if my husband left at 5am but only spent $5/ week on lunch I would not pack him one or I would do leftovers (if any) in a tupperware and say it is in the fridge...Ryan just started an office job and so he is never here for lunch anymore so we are going to do packed lunches...But the cheapest he can get lunch is like $6/one day not a week! I told him I would give him an allowance of like $10/week but his work has free drinks and snacks so he is good there! Good luck guys!
This discussion stemmed from me asking him about me going out to dinner for a cousins birthday (just the girls, which never, ever happens). He didn't object, but got us on the subject of spending money eating out. I just mentioned that since he spends to eat out at work, that I was going to start budgeting money for me to eat out. Only fair, huh? Mommy time, getting out once a month to treat just myself, with maybe a friend or two. It never happens because I always feel guilty spening money on me. So, not an argument, just a discussion.
You guys crack me up! A way to get it all done! After picking up for dinner, put his all together and put it in a bag for him to just grab easily. Or if your doing sandwiches, do the same thing and put it in the fridge. Then you don't have to wake up but he has lunches! I do it for Juan if he's not coming home. But I dont think that $5 a week is too much! Its really cheap!!! Saves you the headache anyways!
My brother has always been spoiled. He is the only child who got breakfast every morning before school. So Brian, its time that you have to start making your own lunch. You probley hate left overs,so i guess you get to have pb&j's. You should make it the night before, because you probley have to hit snooze and then you probley run late. We could send mom to stay with you if you need her help. you guys are funny. we spend 2 dollars every day for lunch so that is 10 a week, and we even bring sandwiches, but we buy chips and pop. good luck with this one.
Toby and I have this EXACT same arguement about once a month. I put left overs in the fridge and if he doesn't take them it's his fault.
Well, when we were first married I wanted to be the perfect little wife and pack lunces for Donald...but he never liked it. So I stopped. He just likes taking a frozen lean cuisine....so that's what we do.
I am right there with you JEN!! I wouldn't get up at 5. I want to know what Brian is buying for $5 a week!! Leftovers is an option if he will remember to take it:) Chad says maybe he should just go on a diet and freeze some water the night before then he can have that for lunch:) Good luck working that one out!
My husband does not like leftovers and I don't pack a lunch for him. He's a big boy. Let me just ask this...how expensive is Brian's hunting hobby??? What's your hobby?? We budget about $25 a month just for me and $25 just for him. If he choses to use his on lunch that's fine. I chose to use mine on that too...when I go out with my friends. (like you were going to do) Sometimes men don't know what it is like to be at work 7 days a week. He can leave work and come home and have some "time off", relax and hunt. We never leave work and ours usually follows us around whining and crying. Brian you should at least try to see her point of view...Some time away does you and her some good.
Nope, I don't. When I used to he either complained OR he went out to eat because it was a "company lunch" or something. So I gave up!!
My husband leaves for work about 5:30 in the morning, and I never really pack him a lunch. I will put stuff in containers for leftovers, and occassionally I will make muffins or banana bread or something and tell him they are there for breakfast. On the rare occassion I'm up early I might make him a sandwich, but that is rare...like once every couple months. He is pretty much on his own. He probably spends more than $5.00 a week for lunches if he doesn't bring anything. But, on the flip side, I go out 2-3 times a month with friends or alone and whatnot...so don't feel guilty about going out 1 time a month. You need a break from time to time! :)
I put leftovers in the fridge the night before while I am cleaning up dinner. If anything needs to be done in the morning, that's up to him! If I am up (Shaun usually leaves about 6:10) it usually because I am up with all the kids! I will help if he is running late and needs help getting out the door. I used to make him breakfast and his lunch EVERY morning while we were in college and he left at 8, but now he has to fend for himself!! It is hard to be working/on call 24/7 - everybody needs a break now and then! We still love you Brian and you do have a pretty AWESOME wife!! Good luck working this one out!
We worked out a little system. Blake leaves for work around 5 and with me being pregnant there is NO way I would get up at that time of day. He is lucky if I open my eyes when he comes to kiss me goodbye. Blake likes leftovers so I will put those in a container for him the night before and for his breakfast I put cold cereal in one container and milk in another cup with a lid that he can put together when he is ready to eat breakfast(he doesn't like to eat before his 2 hour commute). He really didn't like taking a lunch until I went out and bought him an insulated cooler where he could keep all of his things. Now he doesn't miss a day taking home cooked meals. He even took an extra microwave of ours to work so he can heat his leftovers on the jobsite.
Okay so Jen-I swear Joe and Brian really are so alike. I don't know if it stems from where they were raised or not-but Joe always wants me to pack him lunches too. I feel like a big pushover compared to others because most of the time i do pack him lunches-but I do it the night before so it's ready for him to grab and go in the morning. And yeah-he hates leftovers too. In heaven I will have a fun talk with his mother about how he expected me to fill her role.
Jennifer, If you really loved him you would get up at 5:00am to pack his lunch:)
Derek
I pack Derek a lunch put thats because he's spoiled :) and he doesn't go to work until 9:00am. I would NOT be getting up at 5:00am sorry Brian.
Funny thing - when I was working and Alan was going to school, he made sure to pack my lunch in the morning with me promising to pack his when I was home with kids. Well, Alan now packs his lunch (although we usually do it the night before with leftovers from dinner) and I sleep in with Carter. I'm a terrible wife!
oh, I know it is wide! I won't win it but it is a $600.00 stroller so I would take it whether it is wide or not!!
Yikes! 5 AM!! No way! That sucks for both of you! I hate waking up that early! Kris totally fends for himself. I don't even consider making breakfast any day of the week! He just robs me of all of my cash at every oppurtunity. So I am sure he is eating, he hasn't complained yet! Here is one thought: would it cost the same to buy all of the lunch goodies as it is to eat out? Not to mention the pain it is to pack another meal. Blah. Goodluck. Food is my enemy.
Good heavens! Some men are just spoiled. Scott gets up at 5 and I get up with him so I can feed the baby and then get my workout in before the kids wake up. Ummm...I would pack him a lunch if he would eat sandwiches. Not that kind of a guy. Doesn't like the soggy bread. Go figure.
Haha this is hilarious! So I tracked you back down through Marcie's blog and you have some stinkin cute kids!! Anyway, my husband used to start work at 6 am and thats when I stopped packing lunches! And I think thats when he stopped eating lunch too. Whoops:) Sorry, I'm no help!
-Michelle (Nielson) Klingler
OH hey you have been photo tagged. See my blog!
Post a Comment