Monday, February 9, 2009

3 Trips to the Doc in 6 Weeks

It's been way too long since I've updated and besides feeling crumby, there really hasn't been anything exciting to blog about. The last couple of months I've been having some extremely uncomfortable symptoms and after going to the doctor a second time and them not knowing what I had and sending me home with still no answers I self-referred myself to a specialist who found I have an intestinal infection. She put me on a two week dose of antibiotics, which can be resistant to the medication, but am praying it will kill it. I finish up the meds tomorrow and without further testing I can't say if it's gone, so I'm a bit concerned. Since being on the medicine I've been extremely naseau's (which she said I probably would be) and it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth, enough to want to vomit. I don't venture too far from home and find myself wanting to sleep way too often (mainly because I feel like craud and have no energy). So the other night my husband came home from work and said he had something for me. He brought in this bag...

and before I opened it, I didn't really believe that it was from him. So I quizzed him down a little bit. Through his laughing, he convinced me that it really was from him and not just a gift bag work had given him. I opened it to find this...
A Willow Tree Figurine (which he knows I've been wanting & apparently they sold this one at the gift shop) and 2 Movie Tickets. I almost had an emotional breakdown (but held it in). I've been having a really hard time with everything and it was so nice to know that my husband was actually thinking of me during his day at work. So, thank you Brian! I Love You! I promise to post more soon. I just took pictures off my memory card and have some random things the kids have been up to.

8 comments:

Jenks Family said...

It is so nice when they do the little things like that. I hope you get feeling better soon. Good Job Brian!!!!!

pntmom said...

I glad to know that you are i had to say it but alive. i was worried, you blog way more often than me and i was checking daily, to be disappointed. I hope you get feeling better soon. I would hate to be sick for that long, and how you have done it with kids, your a saint. Hang in there and we are watching for more postings.

priestley said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know that being ill for long periods of time can take it toll on you physically and mentally. Hang in there. That was very thoughtful of Brian.
Kara and gang

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I will have to send Chad to this post to get some ideas brewing:) You will have to tell Brian that I was almost in tears. I am not sure if it is because I feel bad for you that you feel so crummy or if I was so moved that Brian thought of that all by himself:)j/k Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon!

By the way, just scrolling down and looking at the pictures and seeing the one of the willow tree girl and not reading what you wrote, I thought you were making an announcment.

Shaun&jennifer said...

I thought the same as Jackie...but maybe this bug will we done a lot sooner than 9 months.

BriAnne said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I wish you would've said something! I seriously will take your kids for a day or whatever. I know you're thinking that someone as large as me and that waddles as much, couldn't possibly watch them, but I am VERY talented. I swear.:) Seriously, let me know if you need a hand. My doctor is delaying my induction for like 2 MORE WEEKS (dirty rat) anyway, so call me!!

Anonymous said...

You do realize the figurine is expecting a baby??? Maybe Brian is making his own diagnosis.