Our family loves aspargus! My dad has a pond that is basically out our backyard and it has some aspargus on the edge that grows. Not a ton, just enough for basically one person to enjoy. But my kids love to go pick it! I had picked some and cooked it up for Kaden, Carson, and myself to share. Well, they wanted more, but I told them we would have to wait a couple days for more to grow. About 10 minutes later they came running in the house with more. Not much, but enough to cook some more for the two of them. Well, someone in our ward who grows aspargus, was kind enough to let us get a few boxes. We split 3 boxes with my mom. I was running low on pickled aspargus, so I canned almost a box and a half and was able to get 16 quarts. I had to save a little bit to cook up for the kids.
2 comments:
That sounds so good! I think I am going to Costco tomorrow to buy some of the Philleo's.
Love the canning it is beautiful nothing like a sense of real accomplishment!
Congrats on being pregnant that is so stinking exciting! you look so cute an hardly pregnant. Are you finding out what you are having.
You and Jande must be due close to the same time that is so fun.
You family is so cute and growing so fast!!!
Congrats again!
Post a Comment