Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vandy...

These are for you.

Let me explain these bows. About 6 months ago while we were visisting Brian's family in Idaho. His sister (Vandy), took me to The Ribbon Retreat and I spent over $100 on ribbon and supplies to make bows and headbands. Not to mention the time she took to show me how to do a couple different kinds of bows. Well, I have made a few headbands since then (I will actually be purchasing more when I'm in Shelley, Idaho in the very near future), but have not attempted the bows since....until now, while I was waiting for pictures to upload (for another post). These are nothing like the bows she makes, but practice might make perfect. The itty bitty blue one was a practice and with the pink one I tried to be a little fancier. I may just start a business!!! HA!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good job, you can have my business!

pntmom said...

i can't believe you still remember. they look awesome. i got some new school centers to put in some bows for the girls back to school bows, but cant decide what colors to do, so i am waiting for you to come and they can pick out there colors. Can't wait to see ya.
vandy

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Hey, I have also spent hundreds at the Ribbon retreat (online) and have been making bows for my girls for about 5 months now!! I love doing it and i'm definietly getting better the more I make! It took me a lot of time and research to figure it out, but I finally did! So good job on those bows...they're very cute! I have actually thought about selling mine too, but for now I'm just making them for my girls...I have quite a few you know (girls that is!)!:)

Jenks Family said...

jen- where did you get the paint sponges? i would like to get some for madie's birthday.