My sister-in-law tagged me awhile ago and I'm supposed to list 6 quirks of mine. They are probably more annoyances, but maybe that's what a quirk is--I don't know. In no particular order here are just a few, I'm sure there is a million more I could think of or my husband could for that matter.
1. Dish Strainer--I hate, hate, hate to empty the dish strainer. We don't have a dishwasher, which is bad enough, but I can't stand to put the dishes away. If someone would just do it for me I could probably stand to actually wash dishes by hand. Even with a dishwasher before I was married I hated to empty out the clean dishes.
2. Leaving Kids--Anytime I leave my kids with anyone, even my husband or my own mother, I feel like I have to totally rush home. If I'm in town shopping and it's taking longer than I'd expected I will sometimes not do things that I needed to because I feel so bad that someone is having to watch my children.
3. Slurping--I can't stand slurping cold cereal. I know people do it, including my own husband, but I have to leave the room. When I notice my kids doing it, I have to help them out and teach them to NOT DO IT. I also hate the sound of smacking/popping gum--when the whole time it's in someone's mouth they're constantly doing it.
4. Lost Items--Whenever I can't find something or a match to something, it will literally drive me crazy until it's found. I will rack my brain visualizing the last time I saw it, or where it was worn to help determine where it was last and where it might have ended up. I will usually search until it's found. I've even lost sleep over items because I just had to find whatever it was that couldn't be found. And when we plan a trip I prefer to pack because I know just what was packed and where things were put, so when we pack again to come home I know what was taken with us so I can be sure they return home with us.
5. Relaxing--I have a very hard time relaxing/sitting in the middle of day. I have to constantly be doing something or I go crazy because I know there's a million things to be done. Even sitting here typing this, with a huge mess around me is making me crazy. I haven't been told by a professional that I'm OCD, but I'm pretty sure I am. I am getting better though because I'm slowly realizing that my house will never be spotless and when it is, it only last for about 30 seconds before it's destroyed again. And the time I sit on the floor with the kids far outweighs a spotless house. I just have to remind myself sometimes.
6. Baths--I hate to take baths. In the winter I can tolerate them because I'm usually freezing cold constantly. Otherwise, I prefer a shower and even that I can do in less than 5 minutes. I know it's disgusting, but if I didn't have to I wouldn't. It's funny I dislike baths because my husband to often takes a 30 minute bath with the shower running (if that makes sense). It drives me nuts. I walk in the bathroom and I literally can't breathe from all the steam. Anyhow, I hate taking baths, and a shower isn't much better. I think the reason I dislike them so much is because I can't just let my hair air dry otherwise it's a fro. It has to be blown dry and straightened. It's just too long of a process and I don't have time for it. So maybe my dislike is having to wash my hair. Whatever it is I know it's gross!! But I do for the sake of others.
So there you have it. I know some of you are wanting to tag me again so you can learn more of my issues. Trust me, I have a lot. Most of them probably stem from being a perfectionist, but it's true. If you read my sister, Jande's post about her quirks, I have a lot of those same issues that aren't listed (especially #3). Anyone who would like to share their quirks with the rest of us may do so!
Salisbury Family Pictures 2018
8 years ago


4 comments:
Jen---
I am with you on #2, and Travis is with you on #3!
First of all, I find you to be incredibly funny. Jande too, but apparently I missed her quirks blog, so I'll have to go look. If it makes you feel any better, I'm totally with you on the bath/shower thing. And for the exact same reason. I know that immediately following, I'm going to have to figure out some way to make my hair not quite so ugly, and I just dread it. Plus, it usually doesn't work.....I should probably just sport an afro. So there.....someone that doesn't think you're gross.:) Ha ha
You need a Jenna for #4. I have even called her at school before (more than once) to ask if she knows where something is that I can't find....of course she does. Thank goodness for Jenna.
I HATE HATE slurping as well, and not just cereal either. I hate people slurping in their spaghetti too...my brothers did it all the time. By the way, thank you so much for the adorable outfit, I'm excited for the baby to be big enough to wear it! Dax appreciates the masculinity of it as well. :)
Post a Comment