Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day to Day Life!


Sisterly Love! I love this picture!

I watched Kyla and Hunter while my sister went shopping the day after Thanksgiving and I walked into the family room to find these two boys helping themselves to a Giant Hershey Bar. Carson had gotten it out of the cupboard and they ate as fast as their little mouths allowed. Silly boys!

We bought Bailey a Bumbo chair. It's great!

Bailey and cousin Reagan. Bailey had a lot to say to her. Sad to say, they won't be able to play together for much longer because they're moving back to Alaska on Christmas day.

This boy is constantly going. He came running into the room with our christmas stockings on. Never a dull moment with this child.
My little babysitters. Most of the time (so it seems), I put the kids to bed myself because Brian is at work, and sometimes Miss Bailey is needing my attention at the same time. So, while I'm tucking the boys into bed I'll have one of the girls hold her until I'm ready to tuck them into bed. This is usually what I find. Both of them in my room with Bailey, either feeding her or talking to her. In this case they'd fed her a bottle and were enjoying a movie.

A couple weeks ago in Family Home Evening we talked about what to do in certain situations, like what would you do if you got lost in a store, what to do if we had a fire in our house, etc. By the end of our discussion Marissa was upset and in tears. She thought for sure she was going to die in a house fire and was upset we'd even talked about it. We told her that, it's a good idea to have a plan of what to do and where to meet (if we did have a fire), and if we're prepared then we shouldn't have any reason to fear. Well, she didn't think so. She said, that because her and Whitney have bunkbeds and she sleeps on the top, the fire would get her first. She said, she wanted to get rid of the bunkbeds and that she wasn't sleeping on the top anymore. So this is how they sleep. Both in the bottom bunk, which is only a twin size mattress. But they're perfectly happy sharing. I even got in trouble for putting her stuffed animals on the top bunk. Every night in her prayers she asks, that she won't be scared and she reminds me to remember to bless her in my prayers also, that she won't be scared. She asked me the other night if I was praying hard enough because she was still scared. Hopefully, the poor girl won't be traumatized for too much longer.

I've been telling the girls they need to be reading more chapter books and to be checking them out when they go to library. Well, Kaden came home the other day so excited to show me the chapter book he checked out. He says, "mom, I got a chapter book from the library. Will you help me read it?" When Brian got home and saw the book sitting on the table, he asked me if someone had a problem he needed to know about. I assured him, NO! Poor kid, was so confused why we got a good laugh out of it. I'm still wondering why the book would be in an Elementary School Library.

5 comments:

Blake and Tristan said...

So sweet. I have 2 wonderful little helpers too. At first I was too nervous to let them help, I had never had a child help take care of my precious babies, now I don't know what I would do without them. I love reading your blog.

Karin said...

I'm still laughing about Kaden's book choice. Sorry about Marissa. We have some with lots of fears, too. I think it's sweet that they are together & have each other as sisters & as twins. What great blessings you have!!! Loved your post!!

Hannah said...

Your kids are funny! The things kids say and do are cute.

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed outloud at a blog post for a long time but I am still laughing at the book choice:)!! That is so sweet though that he was so excited that he got a chapter book.

Brooke and Kris G said...

The book is hilarious! He will laugh at this when he get's older.