The girls participated in the Spelling Bee yesterday and Whitney received 3rd place amongst the 2nd graders. They had to go to a challenging list because the last few kids kept spelling them right. She lost out on the words, DINOSAUR and EVENING. It was fun to watch them.
Braxton-1st, Maeson-2nd, Whitney-3rd, Alicia-4th

Marissa missed the word, READ. When she got home I asked her how she spelt it because I couln't hear her. She said the first time she spelt it right, but they asked her to spell it again and the second time she said she spelt it different because she thought the first way was wrong and she thought that's why they had her spell it again. I told hear they just couldn't her, which was why they asked her again. She informed me that she knew she wasn't going to win a medal and that she never will. I reassured her that I was proud of her for trying her best and that winning a medal didn't matter. Good Job Girls!
Braxton-1st, Maeson-2nd, Whitney-3rd, Alicia-4th
Marissa missed the word, READ. When she got home I asked her how she spelt it because I couln't hear her. She said the first time she spelt it right, but they asked her to spell it again and the second time she said she spelt it different because she thought the first way was wrong and she thought that's why they had her spell it again. I told hear they just couldn't her, which was why they asked her again. She informed me that she knew she wasn't going to win a medal and that she never will. I reassured her that I was proud of her for trying her best and that winning a medal didn't matter. Good Job Girls!


2 comments:
Great Job girls!
What a sweet story. Good job to your girls! That reminds me of when Derek misspelled the word "window" in his spelling bee. He confidently spelled it "w-i-n-d-e-o" for the judges (the proof is on their home video, haha.) Tell your daughter it can happen to anyone. :) I'm sorry to hear about your health. I will say a prayer for you! I hope your family is doing well and you guys had a good holiday season! - Brianne C.
Post a Comment