Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back To School!


So, my husband reads blogs occasionally and has seen other women post and write lovely things about their men and so he asks why he hasn't had a post dedicated to him. Well, um, let's see...........You go to work (12 hours), come home, eat, and then go to bed. I guess I'm waiting for him to do one of those things, that is blog worthy, that women write about their husbands doing for their wives. So, this post is for him because after 2 years of him talking about how he really needs to go back to school and get at least his Bachelors of Nursing...............he's finally followed through and is a SCHOOL BOY again for at least 2 more years. The sad part is, is if he'd started when he'd said he was going to he'd have his Bachelors, and possibly working on his Masters like he talks of doing, but none the less, he's enrolled and today was his 2nd day of class, and 8 hours of it. It has actually worked out really good because he's scheduled to work at the hospital 3 days a week, and is never scheduled for Thursdays, which is the day that he goes to school. So, when he got home from class today I told him I wanted to take a picture with him and the kids with their backpacks on, so I could blog about him going to school with our children. When he heard it was for my next blog entry he didn't refuse. I'm grateful that he has the desire to further his education even when it's not easy. I try to tell him though if he's going to do it, he better just get it done because it's only going to get harder. I try to remember when I'm stressed to the bones, that it could be worse. Because I could never work full-time, go to school full-time, and have a family on top of it all. It's a plus that school smarts comes easy for him because he doesn't have to work/stress as much as if it didn't come easy. That, I'm grateful for as well. So, to my Hubby---Thank you for all you do to provide for our family and the extra load you're carrying right now with school. I'm grateful, even at a time as now, you realize the importance of your wife being in the home and that you wouldn't want it any other way. The blessings that we receive are evident each day, as we strive to live the gospel. I Love You!


These pictures of Kaden are to show off his new backpack for Grandpa & Grandma. Today was his 2nd day of preschool and one thing they did was, they each made a pizza face. Sliced olives for the eyes, ham for the nose, and pepperoni for the mouth. Then they baked and ate them. MMM!

The girls are doing their homework and Kaden is playing with his playdough that his teacher sent home with him today.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Way to go Brian!

Enriquez Family said...

Way to go! it will so be worth it!

marciekoch said...

Wow! I really admire Brian. I can't imagine going back to school at this point - and espcially with a family and a full time job!!
It was good to see you tonight!

Anonymous said...

tell Brian he is SUPERB!! I am pretty sure he misses me going to class with him but you let him know that now he can get the better grades and doesn't have to worry about me blowing his scores out the window:) haha if only that were true! I am glad that is him and not me because there is no way in China that I could go to more schooling.

Jessica said...

My husband also wonders why I am not going on and on about him and how he provides for us and how much I love him--blah blah. I just told him--Honey, does that even sound like me?? If I did that, I wouldn't be the woman you married now would I?? I have not heard any complaints since:) Good job blogging about your hubby though. Sounds like her really deserves it right now!!!