In Shelley every year they have what's called Spud Day! The morning starts with a parade and then everyone goes to the city park and enjoys all the festivities going on. They serve baked potatoes with butter, cheese and sour cream to everyone--I think this year they baked 7,000 and they're free. They had a train ride, pony ride, fish pond, and big blow up slides for the kids. The first thing we did though was buy a couple funnel cakes. They were yummy. They have booths you can go around and check out (kind of like the fair). They had a scentsy booth and so my husband told me I could buy a warmer and some scents and that would be my birthday gift in a month. Thanks honey!! Everything I get that I want seems to be for my birthday rather than just because. Funny how that works! I've been invited to a couple scentsy party's back home and have never gone because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy their products and usually when I go to a party I feel obligated to buy, but my sister-in-law keeps telling me how she loves them so I decided to buy a warmer and some scents. I guess now I can start going to those party's that Nicole has invited me to. Or if nothing else, I know she lives close by to buy from her. After we spent a couple hours at the park Grandma Dawn took all the kids back to the house while us adults stayed to enjoy more of the activities going on. They have a Spud Tug that they do and a cement truck mixes 1,800 gallons of water with instant potato flakes to put in the pit. They then have a tug-of-war over this pit of potatoes and the loser falls into the pit. We sat to watch it, but before it could begin a huge hail storm came and we ran for cover. We were soaked head to toe. We could ring our clothes out. So we decided to head home and didn't end up watching it. That night we bummed around the house and ate Craigo's Pizza. MMMM!
2 comments:
And I thought Basin City was redneck. Nothing like celebrating a potato!!!
Chad
Oh, I miss Idaho. I love small town festivities! Sounds like you guys had a great time even with all the rain!
Post a Comment