Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Idaho--Day 1

We left Thursday evening and after a long drive we arrived in Shelley, Friday morning around 2:30 a.m. The kids did pretty well traveling and it helped that they slept half the way. And I have to say--I drove the whole way. Friday morning when I awoke I learned that Carson had come down the stairs with a wash rag and proceeded to scrub the wall with it. He had colored on it with a crayon and was cleaning it off. Grandma Dawn thought it was so cute. The first morning and she had already gotten a little taste of disaster. It came right off. I did inform her that he hadn't tryed that one at our house YET!
This was a grasshopper that Kaden and Marissa were having fun playing with, but were too scared to hold it. So I held it for a picture while they hid behind me fearing that it might jump on them.

Later that afternoon we took the kids to the football field for the Tator Tot Trott. The kids were divided by age and raced around the track. The kids were so happy because it was their "first medal". Carson and his cousin Tinlie playing under the bleachers.

This was the only descent picture I got of the kids running because every time I took one someone decided to walk right in front of me. Irritating! I did manage to get this one of Whitney.
Marissa
Whitney
Kaden
Whitney, Marissa, Kaden and their cousins, Peyton and Tinlie
After the race we headed back to grandpa and grandma's to eat dinner and celebrate Nicki's (a cousin) 8th birthday. While the kids were waiting for dinner to get done they decided to get out all the polly pockets that Aunt Vandy and Uncle Tony want to get rid of. They had them everywhere and were having a ball--yes, even the boys I think were enjoying it.
We bought a pinata and the kids took turns wacking at it. Carson having his turn.

Marissa
Whitney posing with the top of the cone while holding her shirt full of candy.

Nicki (birthday girl) and Marissa posing with the broken pinata. Silly girls!

After the birthday party we walked to the Shelley High football game. We had a fun-filled day and the kids were tuckered out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun day. Good thing nobody has run into any fences, not yet anyway:) Enjoy your time away!!

David and Kira said...

Go job for staying up till the middle of the night driving! I think I would have fallen asleep!! Looks like lots of fun with all the cousins.

David and Kira said...

That was supposed to say "good" job!!

Jenks Family said...

madalyn was sad when we didn't pick up kaden for school. see ya later

Sam and Mary said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tinlie and Marissa look a lot alike....in pictures anyway.